I see today’s music section in three distinct segments:
BIG-TIME CHRISTIAN ARTISTS PLAYING AT A CHURCH IN BEND
– Southern God-rockers Third Day perform at Christian Life Center Sunday. I talked to the bassist, who was super nice.
– Crossover Christian/pop star Amy Grant does the same on Thursday. My colleague David Jasper talked to her.
CONCERTS HAPPENING IN THE OLD MILL DISTRICT IN BEND
– Portland’s “little orchestra” Pink Martini returns to Les Schwab Amphitheater tonight.
– Reggae By the River will bring Mad Caddies, Indubious and Necktie Killer to LSA’s backstage Saturday.
– Sunday’s free concert at the Schwab will feature the melodic Americana band Tumbleweed Wanderers.
– On Wednesday, Hit Explosion will kick off the Alive After 5 concert series.
SHOWS HAPPENING IN SOMEONE’S YARD
– Crawfest gathers a bunch of local and regional bands out in Powell Butte.
– L.A. power-violence band ACxDC will play a house show on Bend’s east side.
– A guy built an amphitheater on his land near Terrebonne and will host Brent Alan.
PLUS: Rock Ink & Rebels at Timbers in Redmond, a benefit for The Bethlehem Inn … and more.